The Bishop Reeves Archive consists of manuscripts of various works.
William Reeves (1815-1892) was born in Charleville in County Cork. He was an antiquary and bishop. He was Librarian at Armagh in 1861 and was later made Bishop of Down, Connor and Dromore in 1886. He wrote many papers for the journal of the Royal Irish Academy and became its president in 1891. Reeves works, "Ecclesiastical antiquities of Down, Connor and Drome (1847) and "Acts of Archbishop Colton" (1850) are still valuable source books for church history. The Bishop Reeves Archive consists of manuscripts of various works.
Itemised hand-list available for consultation
Libraries NI have legal owership of this collection. All enquiries regarding access and permissions should be directed to Libraries NI.