McSkimin Room Collection

The McSkimin Room in Carrickfergus Library contains a local studies collection containing materials on or about the history and development of Carrickfergus and its environs. Named after Samuel McSkimin (1775-1843), author of the definitive history of the town, “The history and antiquities of the county of the town of Carrickfergus,” first published in 1811, the collection comprises approx. 750 volumes plus directories and journals.

Strengths

The McSkimin Room is good collection of local Irish/Ulster books with a strong proportion of standard works on the Carrickfergus area. The strength of the collection lies in the depth and comprehensive nature of its coverage.

Physical characteristics

Approximately 2,000 items.

Coverage

1900
Accrual
Accrual Policy
Active
Accrual Method
Purchase
Accrual Periodicity
Regular
Added by Libraries NI | Last updated on: 01 October 2018