University College Cork


UCC’s Library collections of books and manuscripts have been built up since the opening of the University in 1849. The Boole Library opened in September 1983, named after George Boole (1815-1864) who was the first Professor of Mathematics at Queen's College, Cork (now UCC) (1849-1854). An extension to the main building was officially opened in July 2007. UCC Library is the University’s teaching, learning and research information resource for students and staff. It also acts as a regional information service and as a repository of the cultural and historical heritage of the Munster region.