Reeves, William (1815-1892), Bishop of Down, Connor and Dromore

Ulster Writers Archive

Libraries NI, Belfast Central Library

The Archive includes material which is concerned with the following Ulster writers: William Allingham, Andrew Boyd, Frederick Gamble, Mary Gardiner, Frederick Harte, Dr. Richard Hayward, Benedict Kiely, Jack Loudan, Anna Redlich, Bishop Reeves and Charles Witherspoon.

T.G.F. Paterson Manuscript Collection

Armagh County Museum

This collection comprises T.G.F. Paterson's notebooks. The notebooks are concerned with pedigrees and genealogies of families connected with County Armagh, local history, dialect, archaeology, folklore and place-name studies. He published regularly in the Ulster Journal of Archaeology, County Louth Archaeological Journal, Seanchas Ardmhacha and the Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ir ...

Bishop Reeves Archive

Libraries NI, Belfast Central Library

William Reeves (1815-1892) was born in Charleville in County Cork. He was an antiquary and bishop. He was Librarian at Armagh in 1861 and was later made Bishop of Down, Connor and Dromore in 1886. He wrote many papers for the journal of the Royal Irish Academy and became its president in 1891. Reeves works, "Ecclesiastical antiquities of Down, Connor and Drome (1847) and "Acts of Archbishop Colton ...