The Presbyterian Historical Society of Ireland was founded in 1907. It has a current membership of about 400 people. The Society organises a programme of lectures and offers an annual field trip and occasional visits to places of interest. A library and archive are maintained at 26 College Green for the use of members and other interested parties. Opening hours are limited.