RCPI's Heritage Centre is a research and educational centre specialising in the history of medicine and medical humanities in Ireland. We preserve and make accessible the unique collections of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland including;
- RCPI's archive covering over 350 years of the College's history
- Archives created by others and donated to us for safe-keeping. These include archives created by Irish physicians, hospitals, medical and professional organisations. As well as the research papers of Irish medical historians, and papers relating to the social history of medicine and medical businesses.
- A unique collection of material for tracing the lives and careers of Irish medical practitioners.
- Dun's Library containing c.30,000 books, pamphlets and journals dating from 1523 to the present
- A collection of medical instruments and materia medica specimens
- A collection of portraits, ceremonial and commemorative items and historical curiosities relating to the history of the College and Irish medicine.