Inglis & Co.

Biography/History

Based in Eliza St., Belfast, James Inglis & Co. commenced trading in 1871, building a new factory of 35,000 square feet and 5 floors in 1882 and extending it in 1889 to cope with demand. A steady upturn in business led to the acquisition in the 1930s of several smaller firms (Bloomfield Bakery Ltd, Belfast, Patterson Ltd, Belfast, William McComb Ltd, Belfast and T.P. Willis Ltd, Newry). Inglis & Co. closed in 1977.

Role
Commercial Bakery